We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post, including Amazon Affiliate links.
Being brave doesn’t mean you aren’t scared. Being brave means doing something even though you are scared.
This line from Franklin Goes to the Hospital has stayed with me for years. I believe some of the greatest wisdom can be found in children’s books. Probably why I believe that Theodor Geisel was one of the wisest men of our times.
That quote has served our family well through the years. It has become something of a mantra as we head into rough times. Each one in our family knows its meaning well.
When I sat with my dad as he passed away I would silently say it to myself. As Carter wheels into the operating room he repeats it to himself.
and I want to pass it on to you.
Because I have so many brave friends, doing things even though they are scared. Bravery shows itself in women in awe inspiring ways.
To the mother who is both fighting an incurable illness yet still bravely planning for the day it will probably win.
Shining examples of bravery surround us. We recognize its tell-tale signs when we see it in news stories, the firefighters and soldiers. But I would like to challenge you to think of people in your life. The unsung heroes that grace us each day.
- The mother fighting fibro back to be the best example to her daughter she can be.
- The mother sending their child into the operating room with only a 50% success rate.
- The father who goes to work each morning to support his family, doing a job they may not like, but makes enough money to keep the mother home.
- The mother holding her childs hand as they walk their favorite dog into the vet because it is time for it to ‘sleep’.
- The parents unloading boxes into a dorm room for the first time
These are the people that lift us up and make us whole. Their everyday acts of bravery inspire us to be the best people we can be.
Bravery and inspiration is all around us-if only we take the time to recognize it for what it is.
Who is your unsung hero? Who quietly inspires you? I could use some inspiration so please tell their story in the comments