We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post, including Amazon Affiliate links.
When my friends over at TravelingMom.com asked me to participate in a campaign sponsored by Sony about being Fearless and Inspiring I was in. This weeks theme was inspired by the show, the big C. Which truly is absolutely one of my favorites. If you haven’t watched it on Showtime yet, you NEED to catch up on the first season. And when you get to the very end and her son finds the garage…..call me, and we shall cry together over a bottle of wine. It’s that good. Promise!
As with all campaigns, Traveling Mom provided me with some ideas for this post. One of those ideas was writing about a woman who inspires me. But when I came down to really ponder that question, I couldn’t pick just one. I choose to surround myself with so many inspirational women that it is mind boggling. So, here are a few in no particular order. And I apologize in advance if I leave someone awesome off my ‘list’. I hate ‘lists’ cause I always forget someone. But, like I said, I have too many people that inspire me to focus on just one.
- Above all, Mother Earth. I know, corny, but at this beautiful time of year how can one not be amazed and inspired by all this beauty?
- Katie Quinn-my great grandmother. Traveled here from Ireland in the bottom of a boat to build a better life at 16.
- My mom-I mean, have you seen her? She is an 82 year old Energizer bunny.
- My mother in law. She takes a licking and keeps on ticking that one!
- Tammy Hodson-how she handles Parker’s needs, working, and mothering 6 children is hard not to be inspired by.
- Kim Orlando-her passion for helping other moms realize their travel dreams is unparrelled. The same goes for her energy.
- Amber Johnson-I. don’t. know. how. she. does. it. all
- Lucretia Pruitt-brilliant, talented and resilient.
- Chris Bird-graceful and quietly brilliant.
- Carissa Rogers-for staying true to who she is in a world that is easy to forget.
- Laura DeHoog-It has been really wonderful watching her ‘grow up’ and handle a life she never thought possible.
- Lori Lavender Luz-Her tireless wisdom in open adoption is a privilege to watch
- Me-cause somedays just get out of bed amazes me.
and since I am on a roll, I am going to throw one guy into the mix, Talon Windwalker. His bravery in conquering the world with his adoptive son has me thinking more about how I can go ‘out of the box’. HE inspires me to travel!
As part of this campaign, I will be hanging out on twitter Monday night and I totally want you to come hang with me!
WHEN: June 6, 9-10 pm ET (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHAT: Twitter party – Inspirational Travel
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the hashtag #TMOM #TheBigCDVD