We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post, including Amazon Affiliate links.
Learning how to make soap for kids is easy. This fun little project is perfect for back to school with all those grimey hands making their way back home. The whole project should take you less than 30 minutes. Just think how much fun they would have using these little soap monsters!
Learn How To Make Soap For Kids: Supplies Needed
Disclosure: the following list contains affiliate links. In addition, I am a Young Living Distributor.
- Fun, silicone mold. There are so many great shapes out there now. You can easily adapt all the cake pop ones as well. I bought this Monster Mold on Amazon.
- Soap Colorant-loved these neon colors.
- Olive Oil Soap Base-if you don’t order this one make sure you use a see through base.
- Thieves Essential Oil- You can buy Young Living at retail cost or sign up to be a wholesale member and save money on Young Living-24% off! (pssst—there are some cool slides on that last link that talk about all the individual oils in the kit and how they can benefit your family like this one)
How to Make Soap For Kids: Step by Step
- Cut 4 cubes off Olive Oils Soap Base. You will see they are pre-scored. Place in microwave safe container.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. All microwaves vary so watch that it doesn’t start to boil. Alternatively you can melt this slowly on the stove top.
- Add 1 tsp colorant and stir to mix well.
- Add 15-20 drops of Thieves Essential Oil and mix well.
- Working quickly, pour into mold. 4 cubes will make 3 Monster Molds.
- Repeat process with different colors as desired.
- Refrigerate for about an hour and then gently slide out of mold. They should pop right out.
- Encourage your kiddo’s to get to washing!!!